SQL Server 2008 r2 management studio intellisense sp1

• will it ever work for sql server 2005 again? even with any cummulative rollups?

• No.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • is there a tool i can install that will run side by side and not override its 2008 native ability?

• Buy RedGate's SQL prompt and then turn the built-in intellisense off. It's terrible in comparison

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• so your saying redgates is better ? ok

another very important feature, is the "tree" icons to the left in a very lengthy stored procedure, where it matches up with if's and whiles and begins, where i can collapse code in regions, does this tool do this? or a way to do this in 2005? without having a 2008 db and pasting it there just to analyze?

• xgcmcbain (9/15/2011)

so your saying redgates is better ? ok

Way better

another very important feature, is the "tree" icons to the left in a very lengthy stored procedure, where it matches up with if's and whiles and begins, where i can collapse code in regions, does this tool do this? or a way to do this in 2005? without having a 2008 db and pasting it there just to analyze?

SQL prompt is just an intellisense tool, a management studio add-in. It's not a replacement for management studio.

Gail Shaw

• i have heard people saying sqlprompt for years, i just wanted to know if it had that second ability.

Thanks for your quick response

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply