SQL Server 2005 Hotfix

• I'm suffering from an issue that is addressed in a hotfix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937745

I haven't laid down a hot fix since these things went cumulative. So, I downloaded the hotfix and it's 100MB. It obviously has a lot in it. I'm confused by the fact that the pre-req is SP2 and not SP3. Since hotfixes get rolled into the next SP release (or so I thought), shouldn't this hotfix be in SP3...and therefore SP3 would become the pre-req?

The target of this is an SP2 machine so I'm trying to figure out if I need to install just this cume...just SP3...or SP3 and this cume.

Can anyone shed some light on how this is working these days?

Thanks

Ryan

• I've been doing some research...answered some questions. It looks like the KB link I have is probably to cumulative update 2 for SP2 (based on the filename being "Yukon_SP2_CU2"). The date modified is June 2007 so this is making more sense. I think I'm all set...except for this last question.

Should I install just CUME 2 since it addresses my specific issue...or go with SP3? I feel pretty good about SP3 since it was released 9 months ago, but I'm getting the impression that adoption is rather low.

That true?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply