SQL Server 2005 ADP Sorting

• I have views set up to sort in SQL Server 2005.  I am connect with an Access ADP.  From Access none of the views are sorted as specified by the views.  I do not have this issue with SQL 2000.

• Hi,

SQL Sever Views can not be sorted (include ORDER BY) unles TOP is specified too. It was the same way in 2000 too. Please, give an example of what you are doing.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Hi Yelena,

The SQL view is:

SELECT     TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.DirectoryRights.DirectoryListID, dbo.DirectoryList.FileName

FROM         dbo.DirectoryList INNER JOIN

dbo.DirectoryRights ON dbo.DirectoryList.FileID = dbo.DirectoryRights.DirectoryListID

ORDER BY dbo.DirectoryList.FileName

When executed from the Management Studio the FileName is sorted correctly.

When executed from an Access adp the FileName is not sorted correctly.

Thanks for you attention.

Perry

• Linked tables return the sorted view, I tested. How do you use ADP? are you talkig about ADP functions? We found out that in Access 2003 ADP functions don't really work comparing how they worked in Access 2000, and we got an confirmation that they are not supposed to work.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• I am not using functions.  I am using a view.  

In my access project I go to queries where I can open views.  In SQL Server 2000 the sort for those views were correct.  When connect to SQL Server 2005 the sort does not.   

Thanks

Perry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply