SQL Saturday Pittsburgh 2024 (#1094) - Call for speakers and other event details

• Please see the following link.

https://sqlsaturday.com/2024-10-12-sqlsaturday1094/

Note that the "Call for Speakers" is in-progress and ends on 31 July 2024. (See the clickable link on the page above.

With some luck, one of the sessions I submitted will be selected and I'll "make the trip" to Pittsburgh!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden wrote:

With some luck, one of the sessions I submitted will be selected and I'll "make the trip" to Pittsburgh!

will you drive or fly Jeff 😀

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Duplicate

Anon.

• David Burrows wrote:

Jeff Moden wrote:

will you drive or fly Jeff 😀

Drive.  Right now, it's not in my best interest to get onboard a flying sewer-pipe with end caps.  I'm working on making it so I can fly for things like PASS 2025... can't happen this year.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden wrote:

[

Drive.  Right now, it's not in my best interest to get onboard a flying sewer-pipe with end caps.  I'm working on making it so I can fly for things like PASS 2025... can't happen this year.

love the anology 😂 even worse if your seat is at the a$$ end of that “sewer-pipe” LOL

Did a 3 1/2 hour drive once to training session to only find out when I got there it had been cancelled 😠

Still trying to plan a trip over the pond to see you ol’ friend and take in a Lions game while there, unfortunately won’t be this year ☹️

Anon.

• I'd rather go for a nice dinner and maybe some pool shooting at a good bar with big screens to watch the lions game than to get caught up in one in person... especially nowadays.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Hmmm, Jeff going. I'm going to have to see if I can make it.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Hmmm, Jeff going. I'm going to have to see if I can make it.

Ed Wagner and I will be arriving in the afternoon on that Friday.  Man, I understand that you might not be able to make it because of job and family but it would be a huge treat for this ol' man to see you in person after all these years of not.  If Grant is available, twist his arm to come to Pittsburgh, as well.

I can't make Andy Leonard's pre-con but he's going to be there, as well (from what I understand).

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply