sql profiler

• Hi All,

Could any body tel me what are the steps to enable sql profiler and to check whether its enable or not.

Thanks in advance..

• To run SQL Server Profiler, on the Start menu, point to All Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Performance Tools, and then click SQL Server Profiler.

If its there ; you can run it any time you required.

Hope this help.

Thanks

ImI

• How to check whether sql profiler is enable or not ..and reqired complete steps regarding creating trace and all for enabling the sql profiler

• Hi,

By enabling profiler, do you mean 'enabling server side traces'?

Profiler is just an app you start as described by imlive.

You can find out how to use it on:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/SQLServerProfiler.aspx

If you want to see what traces are running in your SQL instance use:

SELECT * FROM sys.traces

Hope it helps,

Grzegorz

• gsuvarnarekha (7/4/2011)

How to check whether sql profiler is enable or not ..and reqired complete steps regarding creating trace and all for enabling the sql profiler

Profiler's not something you enable. It's installed with the management tools.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • gsuvarnarekha (7/4/2011)

Could any body tel me what are the steps to enable sql profiler and to check whether its enable or not.

i think this is knowledge gathering question if YES then google "sql server + sql profiler". and if NO then why you need profiler ? any specific requirement

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• I think what you meant is enabling trace logs and this can be done through service profiler I think

• allamiro (7/5/2011)

I think what you meant is enabling trace logs and this can be done through service profiler I think

Errr.... Trace logs? Service profiler?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • If you're not a member of SYSADMIN, and you're running into a snag, then verify that your account has ALTER TRACE permission.

Permissions Required to Run SQL Server Profiler

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187611.aspx

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply