SQL on VMWare

• I agree. We have 2950s too but they're not as shiny as the new R series. :). We'll try our luck

• Personally I would not have Dell in my datacentre!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Perry Whittle (8/20/2010)

Personally I would not have Dell in my datacentre!!

What would you recommend?

• I'm a big fan of HP kit, in my experience it is far more reliable\superior to Dell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• My preference would be for IBMs but those Dell machines were just so much cheaper. That being said we still have some IBM e335s in our lab. Not a complaint after over 7 years in operation.

• Perry Whittle (8/21/2010)

I'm a big fan of HP kit, in my experience it is far more reliable\superior to Dell.

Perry,

I spoke to Russel, here's what he did to make you happy 🙂

j.a.c.

How about you? What IBM servers would you recommend for this VMWare config? It's good to have options.

• As far as hardware goes, I think it is a Mgmt. decision and should be consistant throughout your datacenter!

• rdecker (8/23/2010)

Perry,

I spoke to Russel, here's what he did to make you happy 🙂

ha ha, thank you. And my thanks to Russel too! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply