Sql not listening on 127.0.0.1

• Hi,

I have a question -

what would make an SQL virtual server in a cluster not to listen on 127.0.0.1:1433?That is to say there is NO entry in the SQL errorlog saying -

" SQL server listening on 27.0.0.1: 1433.".

But there IS an entry like -

" SQL server listening on 192.107.44.12: 1433.".

Any reply to this will be very appreciated.

Thanks you,

kg

KG

• Hi,

Anybody would be kind enough to shed some light on this pls?

Thanks,

kg

KG

• I can't claim to be an expert on this but it seems to me that seeing as the SQL Server is clustered then it's not going to listening on 127.0.0.1 as that is the internal IP address of a server.

It makes more sense that it would be listening on the IP address of the active node, you could probably check this by failing over to another node and seeing if the IP address changes. 

It could also be that SQL is listening on the IP address of the virtual server it was assigned to during the setup, you can confirm this by looking at the parameters tab for the 'SQL IP Address' in cluster administrator.

I'm sure someone a little more knowledgeble than myself will be able to tell you exactly what the answer is.

Is this causing you a problem or is it just a request for information?

• Thanks Mike for your reply.Maybe you are right.

Actually this is not my actual problem.The actual problem is there in another posting with the title "Connection problem in SQL cluster" , posted by me in this section.

I copuldn't find this entry in the sql errorlog which seemd abnormal to me and probable cause of the actual problem.

Thanks,

kaushik

KG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply