SQL native Client for client failover

• Guys,

I have been reading about the mentioned subject, but I still having problems in setting up this in my client PC, I am not having issues, just I don't understand where to go...it still being my doubt.

Please would someone can guide me?....I am using SQl Server 2005, with Windows 2003 , and I already setup my mirroring databases.

Thank you in advance.

• Not getting your problem 🙁

I guess you have connectivity issue. You can check the seting of TCP/IP & Port in SQL Server Configuration Manager.

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• Junior_DBA (12/7/2008)

Guys,

I have been reading about the mentioned subject, but I still having problems in setting up this in my client PC..

We need a better description (preferably very detailed) of what you're trying to accomplish and what steps you're taking and the text of any error messages you're getting.

Are you trying to set up a cluster?

If so, you need multiple boxes, plus the Operating System has to be set up for Clusters BEFORE you can set SQL Server up for clusters. After the OS is properly installed, then you have do the SQL Server Cluster install (not the same thing as a regular SQL Server instance install) and there's a whole bunch of bells & whistles you have to set up along the way.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply