SQL Job Administrator

• Is it possible to give a user access to vew all the SQL job schedules without making them a system administrator? I need to have a login to check the nightly jobs to make sure they are successful and not have write access to any of the databases.

Thanks for the help!

Regards, Jim C

• Don't know about that....but a workaround would be to have the jobs log their progress (finishing status) outside of SQL...and give your user access to that.

• Hi, I'm not saying this is the answer to your problem, however due to SOX compliance I had a similar issue here. What I did was I added our Application Support group to the msdb role TargetServerRole. You can modify the permissions in this role to suit your requirements. I hope this is of use. Regards Derek.

• Did you see this thread from yesterday? http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=5&messageid=227694

Greg

Greg

• Thanks Greg. No I hadn't seen it. I did muck around with TargetServerRole and the App Support team now can view job history and start/stop jobs but not modify them. Been off the air lads, migrating to JDE here so apologies for late reply to this thread. Greg thanks again. Derek.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply