SQL DB migration

• Hi

I am New To Azure Sql.  Can some one please share

•  If we can migrate sql 2017 db with symmetric key and certificate in it on Prem to Azure SQL database?
    • how to restore db from one azure sql database to another azure awl database?

Thanks

• Have you read the MS documentation firstly?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• ShuaibV wrote:

Hi

•  If we can migrate sql 2017 db with symmetric key and certificate in it on Prem to Azure SQL database?

Thanks

For the purposes of encryption? Yes, you can.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• I thoroughly recommend you read all the documentation but see below

ShuaibV wrote:

Hi

you’ll want to run some sort of migration compatibility to ensure azure SQLDB is a suitable target

ShuaibV wrote:

Thanks

Depends if tde is using a customer manager key or platform managed key

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ShuaibV wrote:

Thanks

double checked this and it’s not supported with sql db, managed instance supports restoring the dbs to same or another instance but it depends on whether a customer managed key or system managed key is used

• ShuaibV wrote:

Hi

You can restore Azure SQL DB to same instance with a different name. If you are planning to rename the existing db make sure to start with your secondary replica first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply