SQL 2012 Clustered Installation

• Hi all

I am installing a clustered instance of SQL Server on Windows 2008R2

On the feature selection page, I select Database Engine Services, it then automatically selects SQL Server Replication, Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search and Data Quality Services.

All I want is the Database Engine Services and not the others. If I de-select any of the others, it removes the Database Engine Services selection as well.

I haven't has this issue on standalone installations of the same version.

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached

Thanks

• I am having the same issue, all I want to install is Database Engine Services, none of the other stuff.

• SQLSACT (1/6/2014)

Hi all

On the feature selection page, I select Database Engine Services, it then automatically selects SQL Server Replication, Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search and Data Quality Services.

All I want is the Database Engine Services and not the others. If I de-select any of the others, it removes the Database Engine Services selection as well.

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached

Thanks

Here is a link to an article that answers your question.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179410(v=sql.105).aspx

It says;

Elements of a Failover Cluster Instance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A failover cluster instance can run on one or more computers that are participating nodes of a failover cluster. A failover cluster instance contains:

•A combination of one or more disks in a Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) cluster group, also known as a resource group. Each resource group can contain at most one instance of SQL Server.

•A network name for the failover cluster instance.

•One or more IP addresses assigned to the failover cluster instance.

•One instance of SQL Server that includes SQL Server, SQL Server Agent, the Full-text Search (FTS) service, and Replication. You can install a failover cluster with SQL Server only, Analysis Services only, or SQL Server and Analysis Services.

Notice the last option says One instance of SQL Server that includes SQL Server, SQL Server Agent, the Full-text Search (FTS) service, and Replication.

MCSE SQL Server 2012\2014\2016

• lkennedy76 (5/28/2014)

SQLSACT (1/6/2014)

Hi all

Any ideas?

Screenshot attached

Thanks

Here is a link to an article that answers your question.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179410(v=sql.105).aspx

It says;

Elements of a Failover Cluster Instance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A failover cluster instance can run on one or more computers that are participating nodes of a failover cluster. A failover cluster instance contains:

•A combination of one or more disks in a Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS) cluster group, also known as a resource group. Each resource group can contain at most one instance of SQL Server.

•A network name for the failover cluster instance.

•One or more IP addresses assigned to the failover cluster instance.

•One instance of SQL Server that includes SQL Server, SQL Server Agent, the Full-text Search (FTS) service, and Replication. You can install a failover cluster with SQL Server only, Analysis Services only, or SQL Server and Analysis Services.

Notice the last option says One instance of SQL Server that includes SQL Server, SQL Server Agent, the Full-text Search (FTS) service, and Replication.

In addition to that, in the feature selection article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143786.aspx , link is for 2014, doesnt appear to be a 2012 version for this page) states:

SQL Server Failover Clusters: Replication and Full-Text Search components are required, and automatically selected by Setup for SQL Server failover clustering installations when you select Database Engine Services.

Bob
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to post to get the best help[/url]

• Thanks Bob! 🙂

MCSE SQL Server 2012\2014\2016

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply