SQL 2008 R2 Scheduled Automated Database Restore

• I need to setup a scheduled automated process to restore a database file once a day. In the past I used LiteSpeed to set this up, but we no longer use LiteSpeed so I need another way of doing it. I have done some searching and have been unsuccessful in finding an answer so far. We have a third party vendor that we order equipment from that an employee in our company needs daily access directly to the database. They send us the database nightly and I need to automatically restore it each morning. Does anyone have a stored procedure I can use to do this, it is a simple database restore with overwrite.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

• What about just setting up a job and an alert so you know if something's gone wrong?

Or do you not have access to the server?

• I have full access to the server, however I'm not that well versed in SQL. Creating a job would work just fine for what I'm looking to do, however I'm not sure the command to use to accomplish this. We are the redheaded step children of our company and it takes months to get help from any DBA and therefore have to fend for ourselves.

• OH, I see. In that case...

Actually, let me just link you to a very easy tutorial.

http://www.petri.co.il/create-backup-job-in-sql-server.htm

Let me know if you're confused or lost; I'd be glad to help.

• Thank you very much, worked perfectly.

Sincerely,

The Noob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply