sql 2005 backup system error 1326

• I have successfully created a maint plan on a old sql2005 box backing up to a folder on a netowork using the

domain/admin account for the sql server agent services; and I have changed the new sql 2005 box to reflect the the same login account; but getting sql 2005 backup system error 1326.

Is there something else I am missing; how do I validate the owner of the maint plan?

• Does the account have rights to get to the backup folder? When you say you changed the server, does that mean that you changed the service account?

It's not quite clear what you did, what the error is and when it's occurring.

• The domain/admin has all rights to the network backup folders

The is true because I already have a sql2005 box that backs up to it; and this box has the sql server agent services with this domain admin login.

We have a new box trying to backup to this same folder and I also changed the sql server agent services with this same domain login just like the other box that works. But I still get an error bad login.

• Did you set the credentials and proxy for the SQL Server agent. if so, check to ensure they have the proper rights. Backup/w network issues can be a little strange to track down. If it's a domain account, try to log the box on using that account and then see if that login has the rights needed to the network folder.

Oh and make sure you sys admins are not simply messing with you, they can do that at times

Marvin Dillard
    Senior Consultant
    Claraview Inc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply