SQL 2005 64 bit

• Has anyone pulled data off an oracle machine through a job successfully?  If so how?  And what I mean is connections to odbc? the Oracle client used and so forth

Really any help would be great

• Please do not cross-post. I have made a response here

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=5&messageid=272865

• I actually was not cross posting. I currently have two servers. I one is running 2k5 and one 2000. So I thought if I could figure out a solution with 2k5 I would run with that. I am just afraid to install the client and then run into the same problem I was with 2K. The 2k5 server would be better for location.

• Sorry I do see the difference. But the answer woul be th same as the link I gave. I hav don several installs of Oracle and hav run into issues every time because of permission requirements. Unfortunately I stored the answer in my email and the company just enforced a mail file limit which happened to get that one. It was somthing real simple thou like run SQL Agent under a user account that is granted Log On Locally in system policies or soemthing like that (however this is an exampl, not sue that is the real answer).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply