SQL 2000 Licensing

• Hi,

Is there anyway of finding out which licensing model SQL 7 / 2000 Standard Server's been installed with?  There must be a way but I can't find it!  If there's a transact script I can run that would be even better but I guess it may be registry based.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Run this in Query Analyzer:

SELECT  SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')

Greg

Greg

• Thanks for the reply Greg.

However i'm actually trying to find out from a previously installed version of SQL Server whether it was installed under a per processor or cal license model & the respective number of processor's / cal's specified.

Cheers

• Oh, sorry.  Try this:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('licensetype')

I'm not positive this works with v7.0.  Another way to find the license mode is to look at SQL Server 2000 Licensing in the servers's Control Panel.

Greg

Greg

• Thanks Greg.

Didn't even think of looking in control panel.  However when I run the select script query analyzer returns a value of 'Disabled'.  Any thought's?

Not important as I can get this information via control panel but would like to know why this is appearing on several different SQL 2000 installations.

Cheers...

• It shows up that way on some of my servers too.  I read one theory that the query might return 'Disabled' if the license mode was set to per processor during setup but the number of processors wasn't set.

MS has a KB article that says this was a bug that was fixed in sp2.  Apparently not, as my servers are sp3a or sp4.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291332

Greg

Greg

• Cheers Greg,

The majority of our servers are sp3a as well... although I suspect this particular server is licensed on the per processor model.  Thanks for the kb article i'll take a look.

Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply