SPSS .SAV File - How to open from SQL Server

• I have a ".Sav" file in SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences). I'm trying to read the data using SSIS or using any Microsoft programming tools. I want to know is there any driver available to read this file from Microsoft?

Thanks

• Hi, I think that the sav file extension used by SSPS is a data file, the data are stored into a particular format, as you can see at the site http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/sav , it's important note that also several games store data in sav file extension, but in a different format. I think that you must save the data obtained with SSPS in a format like cvs file extension, so you can open into SSIS solution

• Julio J. Bueyes (5/25/2010)

Hi, I think that the sav file extension used by SSPS is a data file, the data are stored into a particular format, as you can see at the site http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/sav , it's important note that also several games store data in sav file extension, but in a different format. I think that you must save the data obtained with SSPS in a format like cvs file extension, so you can open into SSIS solution

Thanks, Julio

In our problem, we have the .SAV file & we dont have the control to save it into other file extension of our choice. Hence, I was writing in this forum to find out if there is any tool or driver available to connect to the file system which speaks the Microsoft language.

• If you have SPSS software licence then you can save the data in difference formats like csv, excel etc.

If you just have SAV file then you will need API from SPSS company. Unfortunately SPSS has not provided us with any good API. The only thing I could find was SPSSIO32.Dll which can be used in your code, I wrote a .net wrapper around it and it is working for me.

If you just want to open the file and have a look into the data then you can use an application called viewSav. Just google for SPSSIO32.Dll and ViewSav.exe....

thanks

Muhammad

• arslan_ch (5/27/2010)

If you have SPSS software licence then you can save the data in difference formats like csv, excel etc.

If you just have SAV file then you will need API from SPSS company. Unfortunately SPSS has not provided us with any good API. The only thing I could find was SPSSIO32.Dll which can be used in your code, I wrote a .net wrapper around it and it is working for me.

If you just want to open the file and have a look into the data then you can use an application called viewSav. Just google for SPSSIO32.Dll and ViewSav.exe....

thanks

Muhammad

Thanks, Muhammad

Will work on this to see if this helps me find the solution....

• Hi Dear i want to create an application like spss survey reporter using c# please could you give me some assistance? i was searching on internet and got few opinions that i should use spss survey reporter developer kit ? but i don't have any license so where can i find this kit for free? Thanks

• There is this: http://www.officereports.com/spss-survey-reporter-alternative

However, I don't know of any free software for this. Likely you will need to buy some license to work with these files.

NOTE: We do not condone links or notes about pirated software, so we will not allow illegal postings here.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply