Sporadic error connecting to SQL7

• One of our developers is trying to connect to a SQL 7 DB, She gets an error

Runtime error -2147467259 80004005

[DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen(Connect ()) SQL Srver does not exist.

I have searched hi and low for an answer. THe strange thing is that the developer can run the connection string and it works one time - then stops working. She uses the same connection string through out . Why would it work one time but not the other time. Could it be that something hasn't been closed properly? The devoloper does not think something is open. Could there be another reason for the error

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

• If this does not work then have her step thru and debug her code to see if it fails at the same place each time. If so then she may need to check the call where this is happening. Typos are the leading cause of issues as such.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Thanks for your reply gentlemen.

We are using TCPIP, dynamically determining the port and the program is not stopping at the same spot. But heres the weird stuff. Its starting to happen on all of her apps yet the users are not experiencing any problems????

Sound like something with her system?? I had her uncheck the dynamic port option and hardcode port 1433 in tcpip. It worked for about 10 minutes!!! Then started getting the same error!!

This is very weird!!

• We reinstalled SQL again and she seems to be OK. If problem continues I will follow your suggestions Jim

Thanks

Karen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply