sp_OAMethods..

• Trying to execute the Stored procedure with the following statment

-- Call the load method on the DTS Package object pass the path

EXEC

@HRESULT = sp_OACreate 'DTS.Package', @DTSPackageObject OUTPUT

EXEC @HRESULT = sp_OAMethod @DTSPackageObject, 'LoadFromSqlServer', Null, @ServerName='XYZ', @packagename='\PkgFolder\DataUpload', @flags=256

Getting the following error

The specified DTS Package ('Name = '\PkgFolder\DataUpload'; ID.VersionID = {[not specified]}.{[not specified]}') does not exist.

I am executing the SP from Query Analyzer and using SQL Server 2005. As noticed I am using windows authentication. I can execute this package using dtexec /SQL pkgfolder\Dataupload on the command window of sql server 2005 with out any problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

For that matter I am not able to execute any package from the stored proc. I am getting the same error.

Thanks. 

• Did this work for you in 2000?

Also I take it that package '\PkgFolder\DataUpload' does exists on the server and not as a file on the server?

Thanks Jeet

• Yes. the directory under msdb\  in integration services. it is on SQL server, not on file server. That is why I execute the statement using /SQL.

Thanks

• it appears that you are attempting to load a structured storage file (.dts) with the LoadFromSQLServer method.  The package name appears to be a path.

-Mike Gercevich

• Check the order of your parameters for the method call:

Package.LoadFromSQLServer ServerName, [ServerUserName], [ServerPassword], _

[Flags], [PackagePassword], [PackageGuid], [PackageVersionGuid], _

[PackageName], [pVarPersistStgOfHost]

All params are not optional, and will need to be nulled if not used.

-Mike Gercevich

• THE FILE IS ON SQL SERVER. Please note that I included the stmt. dtexec /SQL pkgfolder\packagename.. The reason for the pkgfolder is a way to group my subsystems. Nothing to do with fileserver directories. 

Thanks.

• In which case you should be using the method LoadFromStorageFile.

Thanks Jeet

• None of the options worked. So I created a class to execute from VB rather than SQL server and included that class. I haven't finished testing yet and will post how it goes.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply