sp_dboption

• I need someone assistance. I have one server where I restored a DB (full and logs) but the DB still on read only mode. I tried to change it back, but I am getting a message stating that sp_dboption was not found!

In any event, I tried to get it from a different server, knowing that that is a master stored proc. Of course you cannot script a master object. I remember that there is a way you can set the master to be updated (putting it back to not) but don't rememeber how.

Is it possible to get sp_dboption from a different source??? Thank you

• Have you looked in EM to make sure that sp_dboption is missing from your Master DB?  You may want to try running sp_dboption again, but fully qualifying the SP name as such..... exec master..sp_dboption.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Thank you, yes I did!

• sp_dboption will go away eventually. You need to use ALTER DATABASE instead. It has all of the command options that you need.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• You are doing it on SQL 2000? If yes, read below...

Its strange that you are not having sp_dboption. sp_dboption is supported for backward compatibility in SQL 2000.

As a workaround run below

sp_configure 'allow', 1

RECONFIGURE with override

Now take the procedure from any SQL 2000 machine.

Once completed, please make sure that you run below

sp_configure 'allow', 0

RECONFIGURE with override

I am not sure how many other system objects are missing. If its SQL 2000, its not *stable*

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply