Server application unavailable...

• Hi,

I have the last few days encountered a problem with reporting services.

Not all the time but a couple of times I have gotten the following error messages:

“Server application unavailable” and also

“Server Error in ‘/Reports’ Application. Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException”.

I can not open the report manager… if I wait a few minutes and then try again it works to open the report manager.

Can anyone help me? I don’t know where to look…

Best regards,

Nicklas

• What is the amount of data that you are trying to render on your report. Also check the time taken and memory consumed when your running this report in the Task Manager. Check for log files also.

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• Hi,

Thank you for your response...

Can I set a timeout for a connection or query in RS? Or will the query run as long as it has got enough memory?

I will try to check the memory and time it takes to generate a report...

/Nicklas

• You can configure the timeout setting in web.config files in your ReportServer and ReportManager folders, however it makes more sense to try and optimize your stored procedures to fetch data quickly.

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• Ok, thanks...

I will try to see which sp is not working well.

Do you know if tempdb is used by the rs? (I think so, but I am not sure.)

Because I have got a message that tempdb log file is full... I know that you can get problems with tempdb if the log file cant grow as fast as it should. (I have now changed it from growing by % to MB.)

/Nicklas

• Well both your Stored Procedures (based on what is DML used inside your sp) and Report Services can consume Tempdb space. Try to clear the TempDB and restart your SQL Server once and see if it improves the performance anyway.

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• We have now made the changes to tempdb and restarted the sql server and the report manager and the report server is working. Hopefully it will stay this way... (If not, I will write a new post... )

Thank you for all your help.

Best regards,

Nicklas

• Hi again...

The error has returned... I logged on to the server and the following error message appeared “IIS Worker process has encountered an error…”

Do you know what this could be? (And I got a call from one of the users that the reports doesn't work anymore.)

/Nicklas

• Can u please check the event log and post what error you find in there?

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply