Seperate report based on record in tablix

• Hi,
    I'm slowly getting familiar with SSRS\SQL Report building thanks to this forum and other resources so thank you very much.

Is there a way to create a break between pages based on a value in the Tablix? For example as below I would like to create a page break so each page contains the info for that depot only?

Thanks

• Shabbaranks - Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:15 AM

Hi,
    I'm slowly getting familiar with SSRS\SQL Report building thanks to this forum and other resources so thank you very much.

Is there a way to create a break between pages based on a value in the Tablix? For example as below I would like to create a page break so each page contains the info for that depot only?

Thanks

Is that grouped on Delivery Depot? If so, in design view of the report you can click on the grouping pane (that's what it's called where you see the vertical lines on the left), go to the bottom of the grouping, right click and select Row Group and then Group Properties. Select the option on the left for Page Breaks and there you can select page breaks between the groups.

Sue

• Sue_H - Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Shabbaranks - Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:15 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Is that grouped on Delivery Depot? If so, in design view of the report you can click on the grouping pane (that's what it's called where you see the vertical lines on the left), go to the bottom of the grouping, right click and select Row Group and then Group Properties. Select the option on the left for Page Breaks and there you can select page breaks between the groups.

Sue

Thanks for the quick response Sue its appreciated. I haven't grouped the report on anything, as Im not 100% sure how to achieve this or that because I have data going across in rows and down in the first column I wasn't sure if I could group the data?

• Shabbaranks - Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:50 PM

Sue_H - Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Shabbaranks - Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:15 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Sue

Thanks for the quick response Sue its appreciated. I haven't grouped the report on anything, as Im not 100% sure how to achieve this or that because I have data going across in rows and down in the first column I wasn't sure if I could group the data?

I'm not real sure as I don't know how you got that format. If it's just a basic tablix, you can still go through and do something similar to what I posted but I don't think it would work. If you wanted to try playing with it, you would right click to the left of the data row, select Row Group and then Group Properties, go to the Page Break page and select Between each instance of a group. 

Sue

• Thanks Sue,
    Would I be correct in thinking that if your grouping on rows or columns it takes all the data in that row or column to group by? And given on my example I don't want to group by the column as it contains additional data as does the row I would be looking to group by a single cell in this case customer, if that makes sense?

Thanks

• Shabbaranks - Friday, February 15, 2019 1:15 AM

Thanks Sue,
    Would I be correct in thinking that if your grouping on rows or columns it takes all the data in that row or column to group by? And given on my example I don't want to group by the column as it contains additional data as does the row I would be looking to group by a single cell in this case customer, if that makes sense?

Thanks

Not quite.   Right now, with no groups, all your rows are at the same level.  You need to add a group above the top row, then operate on that group as Sue suggests.

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply