Sent external email using subscription

• Hi,

I try to email SQL report using subscription. Everything work fine, except it's not sending report outside company emails.

How i understand it's security issue or maybe i have to change something in confic files.

Is anyone know how resolve this issue?

Kate

• You'll need to have your net admin allow routing from your report server.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • I use my local drive as server, so i am admin on my machine

• I mean on your email server, you'll need to enable email routing/forwarding. I'm not sure of the specifics. I just know that most companies block forwarding in some way, and the server needs to know that RS is okay to do so.

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • but i can easily send email from Access application or VB. Just

SQL Reporting give me this kind of problem.

Is it not the same?

• When sending from Access or VB, are you using an SMTP engine installed locally on your computer?

If you are using Exchange as the email software and running the report subscriptions through it, then the email administrator must allow relay of SMTP traffic from your computer through the mail server (done by IP address).

• Can i do something by myself in config file?

• nope

Jason L. Selburg
  • No. The restriction is an Exchange-based restriction to prevent people from using your company's email server as a spam profilerator.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply