Sending an email with multiple variables

• I was wondering the most efficient way to send an email that has multiple variables. For example I have a stored proc that sends the email and in the body of the email I need to pull info from one table, 4 different columns. What is the most efficient way to do this?? At the present my idea is to do this..

DECLARE @var1 as varchar(10), @var2 as varchar(10), @var3 as varchar(10), @var4 as varchar(10)

SET @var1 = (Select column from table where..)

SET @var2 = (Select column2 from table where..)

ETC...

Then in the email body call each @var....

Is there a better way to do this??

• if the data is all in the same row, you can do this:a assuming my table has the columns in capitals:

SELECT

@var1=SUBJECT,

@var2=EMAILFROM,

@var3=EMAILTO,

@var4=SUBJECT

FROM PENDINGEMAILS WHERE SUCCESSFULLYSET=0

if they are coming form different WHERE conditions or otehr tables, then you'd need to do a few more, but the idea is you can assign the values in the SELECT statement(assuming there's only one row to grab)

Juan Ordonez (8/13/2008)

I was wondering the most efficient way to send an email that has multiple variables. For example I have a stored proc that sends the email and in the body of the email I need to pull info from one table, 4 different columns. What is the most efficient way to do this?? At the present my idea is to do this..

DECLARE @var1 as varchar(10), @var2 as varchar(10), @var3 as varchar(10), @var4 as varchar(10)

SET @var1 = (Select column from table where..)

SET @var2 = (Select column2 from table where..)

ETC...

Then in the email body call each @var....

Is there a better way to do this??

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Perfect, thanks Lowell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply