SalesForce attachments are extracted as binary files and need to rendered viewable.

• Hello Everyone,

When we extract attachments using Salesforce's (Cloud) data loader and store the attachments in a SQL server table field, what we get is a binary file which is nothing but the base 64 encoded form of what the attachment contains. For us that data is not of much use as we can’t make any sense of it. We need to be able extract the attachments and render the data in a viewable form. Thiese attachments can contain everythinf from Images, Text, .pdfs etc.

Has anyone used SQL Server 2005 and/or any of it functions...etc to render attachments that are stored as binary data, viewable in the image or form they were prior to being binary data after being exported. Please let me know as this is very important to me. Thank you.

We are using SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition...

• Please don't cross post.

No replies to this thread please. Direct replies to http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1094197-148-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I'm new here and made an honest mistake in posting to more than one forum. I thought this was supposed to be done because I don't know if my inquiry is the province of SQL Server 2005...Integration Services or may be answered in some other forum.

I can tell all you quick to judge and condemn peolpe on thing and that is... you need to be a bit morepatient with new people here and not try and jump down there throat. After all...this is forum is not yours...it belongs to all of us and you should keep that in mind.

Having said that, I am looking for a way to remove the post form ther other forums so that perhaps one dof you genius will provide me with a substantive and intelligent solution or thoughtful guidance...

• GaMusicMan (4/15/2011)

I can tell all you quick to judge and condemn peolpe on thing and that is... you need to be a bit morepatient with new people here and not try and jump down there throat. After all...this is forum is not yours...it belongs to all of us and you should keep that in mind.

Excuse me?

I made a simple request. In no way was that post rude, judgemental, impatient or anything else. I cannot imagine why you think it is.

Having said that, I am looking for a way to remove the post form ther other forums so that perhaps one dof you genius will provide me with a substantive and intelligent solution or thoughtful guidance...

Threads can't be deleted, that's why I put a link to your one thread so that anyone reading this one will be redirected to the main one.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply