Salesforce attachments

• Hello Everyone,

When we extract attachments using Salesforce's (Cloud) data loader and store the attachments in a SQL server table field, what we get is a binary file which is nothing but the base 64 encoded form of what the attachment contains. For us that data is not of much use as we canโ€™t make any sense of it. We need to be able extract the attachments and render the data in a viewable form. Thiese attachments can contain everythinf from Images, Text, .pdfs etc.

Has anyone used SSIS or SQL Server functions...etc to render attachements that are stored as binary data, viewable. Please let me know as this is very important to me. Thank you.

We are using SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition...

• Posting the same question in multiple forums is frowned upon here. ๐Ÿ˜€

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Did not know that. I'm new here as you ought to be able to see. If you have nothing further to add to my inquiry I will bid you good day and delete the posts for the other forums so as to not upset any others.

• No further replies to this thread please. Direct replies to http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1094197-148-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply