running snapshot agent immediately in tran rep

• How do i configure the snapshot agent to run immediately instead of some specified time ?

EM does not let me do this and the repl sps dont seem to either.

tia

-sk

• I guess you will have the option to check box to synchronize the data immediately or some thing like that while configuring the Rep

Shas3

• There is a check box when you add the subscription to start the snapshot immediately, really it just runs the job for you.

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Actually EM does let you start the Snapshot agent. Go to Replication Monitor-->Agents-->Snapshot Agents. You should see each of the snapshot agents listed on the RHS of the screen. Right click on the agent and select "Start Agent".

There is no specific stored proc for starting the agents used by replication. Each of the agents are actually SQL Agent jobs. Hence, you can also use sp_start_job to start a snapshot agent.

• There is a check box when you add the subscription to start the snapshot immediately, really it just runs the job for you.

In addition to the reply above. The start the snapshot immediately option only available when you check the 'Show advance option in this wizard' in the very beginning when you add subcription.

CheongWW

CheongWW

• Folks, i am using a pull subscription. I dont see the check box. Must be really stupid

• the option exists only for push subscription

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply