rsInternalError @category_name is invalid

• I am running SQL 2000 SP4 and Windows 2003. The ReportServer Service is running under NT Authority\Network Service.

When I attempt to create a subscription to a report it fails with this error:

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help

The specified '@category_name' is invalid (valid values are returned by sp_help_category).

I have read about this and noticed there was a hotfix that resolved this issue but it was included in SP4 which I have.

If anyone has any links or other approaches for a resolution I'd greatly appreciate it. TIA.

• The hotfix should do it but I read from one of the forum that this should give you a solution, try this 

At command-prompt on the reportserver type:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn>rsconfig -c -sYOUR_REPORTSERVER_SERVERNAME -dReportServer -aSQL -uSA -pYOUR_PASSWORD

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn>IISRESET

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• Prasad,

Thanks for the reply. I searched a lot of places for this and couldn't come up with a solution that fit. Your's however did work. I don't get an error any more when creating a subscription. Now I have to figure out why I am getting an email error! Thanks again!  

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply