Restpre database with issue : Error 3154

• Hi all,

I tried to restore my database but I have this message :

The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing 'dataMirroringTest' database.

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 3154)

Have you got an idea ?

Kindest Regards,

degrem_m
    Degremont

• it's ok, I found it.

If you encountered Error 3154 during a restore operation, overwrite the existing database by reissuing the RESTORE DATABASE command using the WITH REPLACE clause, or restore the backup set to a different database name.

The error 3154 indicates that you tried to restore database over an existing database, but the existing database was created by a different CREATE DATABASE statement than the database in the backup set.

I deleted my existing database

And on node "DataBase" I was directly Restored my dataBase without to have created previously my database

Kindest Regards,

degrem_m
    Degremont

• Hi there,

I've just been looking @ your comments regarding to restoring a DB and getting the Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 3154 message.

I have a DB on a sql 2000 srv and want to restore the DB from backup file to a SQL 2005 SRV, although I getting the above error message. I've created a blank database on SQL 2005 with the same name, although even though I select 'overwrite the existing database' I am then presented with this message.

Would you be able to explain your comments. Did you restore the DB from a t-sql statement.

Thanks

• Restored database before creating empty database. Then complete database restored without any errors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply