Reporting Services Programming Guideline

• Hi to All i m new to reporting services and through the help shipped with reporting services and my previous little knowledge and experience of crystal reports and programming i just managed to use reporting services for report generation and deployment (though its quite easy in the reporting services no doubt) but the real problem comes when i ve to integrate those reports with the existing .net applications in the field of security and login authentication as well as report manipulation at run time and after little search and browsing i found that reporting services programming must b known.

well using SOAP API of reporting services is the suggestes solution of all the problems faced currently and expected in future but i really dont know what to do from here. i mean which book i should study and from where i can get that book coz from the local market i m not getting any book on reporting services. so i need to get the book or e-book which helps me learning reporting services programming. i anticipate help from all of u in suggesting me some good books for reporting services programming. basic reports creation and management is known to me but its programmable handling is yet to b learned.

Thanx to all those participated in the help

regards

• I like these books:

Microsoft Reporting Services in Action by Teo Lachev

Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services by Blackburn/Vaughn

• without a doubt Professional SQL Server Reporting Services  by wrox, the only book you will need!!

• Thanx liefah and kmlakov for sparing ur precious time to my problem i ve already purchased the PROFESSIONAL SQL REPORTING SERVICES by wrox  and started reading the contents. after reading this book i ll check Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services by Blackburn/Vaughn because its the next book recommended by someone else if needed all in all thanx a lot for ur kind cooperation

regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply