Reporting services is not working???

• FYI...

The SSRS installation will create two new IIS sites, Reports and Report Server. The Reports physical directory is located at C:\ Program Files \Microsoft SQL Server \MSSQL.3 \Reporting Services \ReportManager. The Report Servers directory can be found at C:\ Program Files \Microsoft SQL Server \MSSQL.3 \Reporting Services \ReportServer.

See the permissions from windows on these directories

Thanks

• Try to run the rsconfig utility first before trying aother options. If you have any problem go into the link below and fix it.

rsconfig –c –m Server B computername –s Server A SQL Server instance name –d ReportServer –a Windows -u Username -p password Password

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa179654.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I think I can not use the below command because the reporting Services is running under LocalSyatem..

rsconfig –c –m Server B computername –s Server A SQL Server instance name –d ReportServer –a Windows -u Username -p

Here are my server names:

Server A->WE1

Server B->WE2

Reportserverinsatnce name: SSRS1

Could you plz give me the exact command to enter in command prompt with above values

• I did not see Local System account restriction however WMI installation is required.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• This issue could be related to IP address,

From reporting server (Server A) you are trying to connect to database on Server B. Server A is on local system. You said you used ip address.

Okay, your database server B, is it a default instance ? or is it a named instance.

If it is a default instance then you just provide, Ip address and login credentials. If database you are trying to access is a named instance on server B then you have to provide ipaddress\instance name and then provide credentials.

lets say ip address for server B is : 123.345.567

For default instance

Name of the Server : 123.345.567

Login : sa

password: XXXXXXXX

For Named Instance, lets says the name of the named instance is Test1,

Name of the server : 123.345.567\Test1

Login : sa

password: XXXXXXXX

This is the key word: cannot open a connection

Also, see if windows firewall on server B is trying to block this connection. Just to test this process, turn off windows firewall.

check browser service is started for sql server instance on server B.

check SQL Server instance on server B allows remote connections.

~ IM.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply