Reporting Services Exception System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

• When I subscribe to a report that has dynamic content (bookmarks or hidden rows) the subscription fails with this error:

ReportingServicesService!emailextension!784!10/05/2006-14:52:10:: Error sending email. Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "G:\".

If I just include the link in the email and not an attachment it will work. I've tried other attachment types and the error occures regardless.  I've tried almost every report on our server that has some kind of dynamic content and they all fail with this error. All other reports are fine.

Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? TIA.

• Do you physically have a G:\ drive?

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

• Yeah I do. My reporting services install is located there.

• Sorry, but I suspected it could not find g:\ because g:\ was not there...  I would still question permissions of the device; but I guess you have done that, too.

There are a lot of google hits on ReportingServicesService!emailextension - try following a few of those...

Take a look here and see if any of this applies:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=626904&SiteID=1

Good luck!  and be sure and post your fix.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply