Reporting Services Date Problem

• Hi All,

I am struggling getting the date parameters in my SSRS report to accept values un UK format. I get an error regardless of whether i use the calendar to select the date or if i enter is myself.

The date values i entered are:

Start: 01/10/2009

End: 25/01/2009

and the error message reads:

"An error occurred during local report processing. The value provided for the report parameter End is not valid for its type."

I have seen a number of different threads on this topic; each with similar solutions (changing the culture setting with the ASPX page, etc) but nothing is wokring for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions how i can get around this problem?

Many Thanks,

Jodie.

• You may use the String.Format() method available is SSRS

for more customization i would suggest using an embed VB code

Raunak J

• Thanks for your reply, could you please provide a little more detail. Where should i apply the string formatting method and how do i apply embedded VB code?

• Hi Jodie,

I tried this with the calendar control (keeping the StartDate and EndDate parameters type as 'DateTime') and it seems to be working.

Actually, it seems that the input you are providing in terms of StartDate and EndDate is a text (I am not sure but you may be using a Text data type for these parameters.) and there is some conflict with the FORMAT.

Your input:

Format

Start: 01/10/2009 - MM-DD-YYYY

End: 25/01/2009 - DD-MM-YYYY

So, here End date: when we paas it as 01/25/2009 similar in format to Start date...it works fine.

I think, the format should be same for both Start and End date here.

I hope, this should help and it should work. 🙂

Thanks,

Niraj

• Thanks for the advice; i'll give it a try and let you know how i get on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply