Report runs autically if all parameters have defaults

• Something that's bothering me and I hope someone can help.

I have a report that has a number of parameters. I set a default value for each of those parameters. When I open the report it automatically runs with the default values. I actually don't want it to run in this circumstance. The defaults are there because they're the most commonly used values but the users will want to change at least one most of the time. Having the report run automatically just holds them up.

Is there any way I can override this behaviour so that, even with default values for all parameters, the report doesn't run until the user clicks "View Report"

• The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that you can manipulate this to a certain degree. You can choose to leave the smallest of parameters blank and have them fill in only one parameter to get the standard default set. Or you could add another parameter that is really just a garbage parameter something like "Run report with these parameters" and have them put in a yes.

Another approach is to drop all of your default values for the parameters and make a subscription with all the default values and email that to everyone that is interested. Anyone that wants other parameters can go and run the report unencumbered by the defaults.

• Hmm, not the answer I wanted but thanks anyway.:-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply