report layout- creating header & linking it with body

• Hello,

I am trying to create a report where I want to have a header which contains summarized information. Next, I want to show some more information about the same using a new table. I am wondering how can i acheive it?

Its like a header(tableA contains this info) & body(I want to use tableB to display this information)

In nutshell, is it possible to have two tables on same page? Or I have to look for other approaches..

Probably, a way to link two tables..

thanks

• You definately can have 2 tables on the same page... I actually have a report that has 10 or so tables in the same page.

You could do this 2 ways, first just drag another table onto your report, and give it some data etc, but what it seems more likely that you want to do is use the lower table as a details section for your first table?

If I'm correct, you may want to look at a subreport, or even a list control imbedded in your table. so that you can pass what has been clicked on in your header to your subreport and have that display the details...

If you're just looking to do a summary in the top like we sold x widgets this month and in the bottom, a detailed list of each order for the month, you could use a matrix up top to do the summary, and a normal table at the bottom. that way you can keep to one dataset and only run your query once...

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Thanks for suggestion. I think I'll go with exploring sub report option.

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply