Report does not run from Intranet Portal

• Helllo Guys & Gals,

So I'm stuck at this perplexing issue!

I have a report which I am able to run from my development environment. I am also able to run the same report when I report into my Report Server and right click > view report.

I have posted this report up on our Intranet Portal and provided a link to it. When I click on it from that link, using my elevated security domain account (I'm also the local admin on the Report Server box), I keep getting the below error message:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'ReportingDatabase'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

This is quite frustrating. Any ideas, solutions, helps are more than welcome.

Thank you,

Slick

--
    :hehe:

• Sounds like when you click the link, it is using a user that doesn't have enough privileges to connect to the data source. I wonder if you can check the SQL Server logs, and find out if you have any kind of invalid log in message. You can also try copy/paste the link address into IE and see if it actually works from there. The other possibility is to create a windows user that you will always use to run this report.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply