Replication to Oracle

• Hi, I need to replicate a table from Sql server 2000 to an Oracle Database Ver 8i.

The task needs to run on automatic way, like in sql using task, Is this possible to do, and how.

Thanks for your help.

• As far as I know there is no way to transactionally replicate the table to Oracle.  I use DTS and  linked servers to get the data from SQL server to the Oracle servers.  I schedule the DTS to run dependant on how 'fresh' the data needs to be for that instance and how busy that database is.  The most frequent I run one DTS is every 20 minutes. 

HTH

Kindest Regards,
    David

** Obstacles are those frightening things that appear when we take our eyes off the goal. **

• We've been replicating to Oracle for years.  All you need to do is install the Oracle client (or just ODBC, OLE DB) on the server and set up an ODBC source if that's what you're using.  Install and set up SQL Server replication (transactional or whatever) and set up Oracle as the subscriber.  You can replicate from SQL 7 or 2000 and we've been successful using Oracle 7, 8i, & 9i drivers--depends on your setup.  Also check out "heterogenous subscribers" in BOL.  Hope this helps.

Linda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply