Replication Failure on Snapshot Creation ... Help?

• We are trying to create a transactional replication between 2 db's in the same instance. Tables are identical and created from backups of the production DB's. When the subscription is initialized and the snapshot agent kicks off, it immediately fails with the error "Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int.". Table has 7 columns. char(8), 5 int, and a datetime. 150,000,000 rows. There are no computed columns, there is a unique index (clustered) on the char(8) and an int column. This identical configuration is currently running in production environment.

Any ideas? We're stumped at this point.

• Do a select @@version and post back the results.

It could very well be this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300383

• I'm not sure if this will help, but I have had to replicate over lines between South Africa and Canada, and the snapshot would always fail on certain large tables due to insufficient bandwidth. 

Because the Databases are exactly the same, I did not create a snapshot and used the option that schema and data already exists.  Therefore I did not require the snapshot in the first place.  Transactions were then just replicated as per normal

• Thanks for the help everyone. Jeff Gray was correct. It ended up being a version issue. Applied SP4 (which we thought we already had) and issue was resolved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply