Repeat Group Header

• :sick:All,

I have a report that consist of table as below.All of these are table rows.No header & footer rows.

Row 1 / 1st column : Expression "User Info'

Row 2 / 1st column: " Name" & txtBoxname.value

Row 2 / 2nd column : Previous( txtBoxid.value)

Row 2 / 3rd column : IIF ( txtboxadd.value="Ave","",txtboxadd.value)

Row 3 / 1st column : Additional column being ref here [ salary , benefits ].

Each user info is being printed across an average of 3 pages.

At the begining of each new user,1st page ,the Row 1 & 2 is printed followed by the other rows of table.[about 60 rows in total].

My problem is I want the Row 1 & 2 to be printed on each page for the same user pages.Example page 1 - 3.

And when the record moves to next user page.Row 1 & 2 should be printed once again across all pages belonging to that user.

Since I have [Row 2/ 2nd Column] using Previous.Im not able to add Row 1 & 2 as a table header.

When I try to group Row 1 & 2 to the table Group,and pick "Include Group Header" & "Repeat Group Header'.No changes are applied.

Im out of ideas...to solve this.....Someone HELP Me Out !!!!!!!!

• Could some one confirm If my steps are correct ?

Inorder for me to have the first 2 rows repeat on each page,Do they need to be part of table header? On which I create a group,that has the expression of both row 1 & 2 in it.Then I go ahead and select include group header, Repeat Group Header.

On the table properties,I select "Repeat On Every Page" to True.

When I view my report in Report Mng.The entire reports fits on 1 page,but when I export it to pdf or Excel.It crosses more than 2 pages[varies for different user].

Will adding a page break help?

• All,

Read from below and currently am trying it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2007/06/19/marquee-moon-field-references-in-page-headers-and-footers.aspx

1) Created a txt box on Report Header.That has a value of

=ReportItems!textbox1.Value [Refers to a textbox1 in Report Body]

2) TextBox1 value refers to the ID column from DataSet1.

3)I have set the Visibility of TextBox1 to hidden.

On execution in the browser the ID reflects different values based on the user info.Which is correct! 🙂

Problem is when I export the report to PDF or try to print.Report spans more than 1 page and only the first page of the report reflects the ID value.The other report header items [Image & Time] however repeat on every page.Why is the ID not repeated across multiple pages ?Any properties settings ?

What am I missing out on here?:ermm::blink:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply