Read data from an email

• Hey fellow SSIS junkies

Good news is that I am really starting to get confident in the abilities to add value with SSIS. Bad news is that everyone is queueing up for a piece of the SSIS pie, and gone are the days where the stuff is really simple.

I got a request from our .NET master guru which I really want to assist with, seeing that he reaaaally helped with the scripting tasks for the more complex things.

Turns out that he is going to get several emails from various product houses with spreadsheets attached.

He wants the ability to open these mails and read the excel attachment, as well as the subsequent loading thereof to be done in SSIS.

Obviously we would need to tag the mail afterwards (most probably as being read), and probably we would need to move it to some kind of archived folder on the unattended mailbox.

Does anyone have any wise suggestions on this?

Doesnt matter if the spreadsheets have different formats, I can create different connection managers. Lets just work on a perfect world example for now, where the layout is exactly the same for all source providers.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~PD

• I'm curious to see how your project went. I'm starting on something relatively similar shortly and cannot find any information on what's been attempted.

Keith Wiggans

• If you can use third-party solutions, check the commercial CozyRoc Receive Mail Task. It supports both POP3 and IMAP for connecting to mail server.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• hi,

Iam also looking for the solution. please share if you have it...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply