Re-Use Secondary Connection via Read Only Routing

• Morning Guys,

I have a situation where we have a report/connection that connects to the Listener with applicationintent=readonly. We have read only routing configured accross 3 aysnc replicas - so a read only connection can be routed to 1 of 3 replicas and this works fine.

Except! We have some reports/processes that have multiple connections in them, and on some occasions the the second connection made is done to a replica that isnt quite in sync yet - we dont have particularly high latency between the replicas, but sometimes those 20 or so seconds make a difference to the end user who has mis-matching range of transactions on the screen. (Think an Invoice records, that has no InvoiceItems to display)

So my questions, the first, is there a way to ensure or to persist the first the connection/replica is re-used subsequently (one option is to grab the servername on its first connection, and re-use it on its child connections, but I was hoping rahter than code change, there would be a connection string change to magically do this?)

Secondly, in terms of latency between the replicas what is the best way to determine where that latency lies - is it the network, or is either of the principle or replica servers being slow?

Cheers,

A.R

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply