Question on activity diagram for source to destination flow

• Hello,

I have an ssis package, where I am documenting into an activity UML flow diagram.

I have a quick question. In my control flow pane I have 2 data flow task

In one dataflow task I have oledb source and oledb destination and in another data flow task 2 same thing oledb source and oledb destination.

My question is when I am drawing my flow I have taken one dataflow task and pointing my arrow to source and again pointing my arrow to destination there I ended up

Do we need again point arrow from destination to dataflow task ? because what I thought is like after completing the first dataflow task it will come to second data flow task to process right?

and next line I have taken another data flow task and joined data flow task 1 to 2..

• If there are no precedence constraints between the two dataflow tasks on the control flow tab, they will execute in parallel. Does that answer your question?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
    - Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• There is precedence constraint between two data flow tasks.

Once first data flow task is finished transferring data from source to target its coming to second data flow task.

• mcfarlandparkway (6/13/2016)

There is precedence constraint between two data flow tasks.

Once first data flow task is finished transferring data from source to target its coming to second data flow task.

OK. Then DF1 executes first, followed by DF2.

- Martin Rees
    The absence of consumable DDL, sample data and desired results is, however, evidence of the absence of my response
    - Phil Parkin

• Yes,Exactly.

So when I am doing a flow diagram when first part of data flow task is done do I need to connect arrow from destination to data flow task 1 ?

or simply end up at destination. Just connect data flow task1 to data flow task 2 ?

• DF1 starts, executes and finshes and then DF2 does the same. How you diagram that is up to you.

- Martin Rees
    - Phil Parkin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply