Query takes long time to execute

• Hi All

I’m totally stumped today with a load package I’ve created. It basically reads 50 000 records from a staging table and loads it into a transaction table called with little processing. This takes 18 – 20 minutes and I don’t know why. The only difference is that the transaction table is read continuously by a front-end application while we do the load. Secondly the table resides on the primary filegroup. Could the read of the table impact the writing of the records that much, could this be caused by having it on the primary filegroup? The read is done with a nolock, so theoretically it should not have an impact. I have a few indexes on the table, but that should not really make a bit difference. Do you perhaps have any idea?

Please??

A

• Unfortunately, I have no idea. How is the data being moved from the staging table? Are you using SSIS, T-SQL Query?

It would help to have more in depth info to work with here.

• Hi there

Thanks for the reply; Im using SSIS yes.

A

• Ask Steve to move this thread to the SSIS forum.

Once there, they will want to know what tasks or components you are using to move the records.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply