QOD 03/10/03

• BUT for v7....

===========================================================

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 237303

SUMMARY

When the 120-day evaluation period for your SQL Server evaluation version has expired, you will see the following message when you start SQL Server:

The evaluation period has expired for this evaluation version of SQL Server.

In the Microsoft Windows NT application event log and in the SQL Server error log, you will see the following message:

SQL Server evaluation period has expired.

Event ID: 17052

If you want to continue using the product after this period, you must purchase and install the fully licensed version of SQL Server 7.0.

After purchasing a license for SQL Server, >>> you cannot simply upgrade from the evaluation edition to the licensed version by running SQL Setup <<<. This article describes how to uninstall the evaluation edition and install a licensed version without losing any data that is stored in the databases you created in the evaluation edition.

SJT

SJT

• I got the correct answer because I could choose nothing else. However, this answer is not very correct. To fix it, you need to back up databases master, msdb,.. before the steps specified in the answer.

Also, this error could happen to a non-evaluation version SQL server.

• The answer is right and wrong depending on the version, (which was not stated) right for 2000 and wrong for 7.

Brent

• This is me, the "unfortunate DBA"

I just ran into this exact situation and it led to a liscense evaluation of ALL programs throuout our network.

"The grass is always greener over the septic tank." ~Leaf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply