Published Again!

• Found the Blue Kingdom: Mages & Magic in the Android version of the Kindle store, didn't find the other one though. Need to remember to check via my Kindle.

-- Kit

• Amazon makes it pretty easy to self-publish your work. I attend a local writers' group and last year I would attempt every week or two to complete a humorous short story to share. They were well received in general and at the least they were critiqued and improved in both content and mechanics. I put the best of them into a Word document and was able to publish it on Amazon as a Kindle e-book in just a matter of minutes. I wish I had made it a bit better as far as a navigable table of contents but while I was in various steps of inactivating it and redeploying it a copy was sold and I decided to let it stay as it was. That was in September of last year and while it's not on the best seller list quite a few copies have been sold. The book of short stories can be found by searching on Amazon for "Retta, Mongo and Me" if you want to see what a simple self-published listing looks like and if you have a Kindle, download the sample and see how it looks.

I am refining a novel at this point and will put it out there as an e-book as soon as I get the formatting in better shape.

Thanks to Amazon for giving aspiring writers a way to get their product available to consumers and making it easy.

• GAH. Got the name of the antho wrong. A Career Guide to Your Job in Hell, not "from Hell."

Sorry, folks.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply