Published Again!

• I've got two more short stories on the market in two new anthologies.

"Locke-Down" is another pirate story, now available in Blue Kingdoms: Mages & Magic.

"Another Day, Another Labor" is a brand new non-pirate story, now available in A Career Guide to Your Job in Hell.

Both can be ordered in Print / hardcopy format from Amazon.com. Or you can download the ebook versions (Kindle, Nook, iPad / iPod, PDF) from Amazon.com, the Apple iBookstore, or Smashwords. I believe Career Guide is also available for the Sony e-readers.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• question, how hard is it to get published on the kindle and ibooks?

i have a skeleton story i play around with sometimes and thought about selling it for $.99 a copy

• Alen,

I honestly don't know at the moment. I'm not self-published. Other people (my editors and publishers) have been doing all the heavy lifting on formating, getting covers, etc. I'm not even sure if iBooks requires Apple approval, like the iStore apps do, before getting uploaded.

But if you Google the subject, I know there are plenty of businesses who will convert your work (for a price) to Kindle and iBook formats.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (2/10/2011)

I've got two more short stories on the market in two new anthologies.

"Locke-Down" is another pirate story, now available in Blue Kingdoms: Mages & Magic.

"Another Day, Another Labor" is a brand new non-pirate story, now available in A Career Guide to Your Job From Hell.

Both can be ordered in Print / hardcopy format from Amazon.com. Or you can download the ebook versions (Kindle, Nook, iPad / iPod, PDF) from Amazon.com, the Apple iBookstore, or Smashwords. I believe Career Guide is also available for the Sony e-readers.

Congratulations!

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Congrats Brandie. That's really wonderful. Well done.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Brandie Tarvin (2/10/2011)

"Another Day, Another Labor" is a brand new non-pirate story, now available in A Career Guide to Your Job From Hell.

I just checked the Kindle store and couldn't find them. I'll try again in a bit.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Brandie, That is awesome. Congrats. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Roy

• Well done there!

Tom

• GSquared (2/10/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (2/10/2011)

I just checked the Kindle store and couldn't find them. I'll try again in a bit.

You have to look under the anthology name, not my story names. Try "Blue Kingdoms: Mages and Magic" and "A Career Guide to Your Job in Hell".

And thank you all, for your congrats.

• I did search the book names. Was through the Kindle store on my Android phone, and maybe it doesn't show there (yet). I'll try a real Kindle when I get home.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Congrats, Brandie! Well done!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Out of curiousity, I tried googling the book "A career guide to your job from hell".

Out of amusement, I got to see google show me the last 20 posts from Brandie on SSC. ๐Ÿ˜‰

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS339US340&q=%22A+career+guide+to+your+job+from+hell%22#q=%22A+career+guide+to+your+job+from+hell%22&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS339US340&prmd=ivnsfd&filter=0&fp=46c434222b5f0e70

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Oh, good grief! <headdesk>

That is funny. @=)

Here's the amazon link, which isn't the same thing as the Kindle store:

http://www.amazon.com/Career-Guide-Your-Hell-ebook/dp/B004LROKH2

and

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=blue+kindoms%3A+Mages+and+Magic

• Congrats Brandie!

I need to get writing again, I've had an imagination drought in the last 2 months :-\

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bite-sized fiction (with added teeth) [/url]

• FYI: Apparently, there have been some problems in the Kindle store for searching Career Guide. According to my publisher, the issue is now resolved.

For those who are wondering, here's a quick "theme" explanation.

A Career Guide to Your Job in Hell is a mixed-genre anthology about the world's worst jobs. I've heard at least one of the stories is supposed to be true. Mine is not (complete fiction). But think "Dirty Jobs" meets "The Bad News Bears" and you probably come close to what this anthology is about.

Blue Kingdoms: Mages and Magic is a pirate fantasy anthology set in another world, fourth in a series of Blue Kingdom anthologies, focused on pirates, mages, and the magic that makes the world work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply