Problem with with immediate replication

• I setted up transactional replication between two servers over internet. This contains two publications Pub1, Pub2. The publication Pub1 is without immediate update and Pub2 is with immediate update and it is working fine. I deleted Pub2, and I am trying to delete data at subcriber end for Pub2 articles. It is giving an error "sa has no right to delete". I deleted the entries in MSreplication_objects and MSsubcription_properties tables. Still I am not able to delete data, this time the error message is "The RPC security information for the Publisher is missing or invalid. Use sp_link_publication to set it."

• SQL Server version is 7.0 with SP3. I changed the repinfo to 0 from 256 in sysobjects table for the PUb2 articles tables and tryed to delete the data for the corresponding Pub2 articles tables, still I am getting the same error "The RPC security information for the Publisher is missing or invalid. Use sp_link_publication to set it."

• although sp_linkpublication is not clearly or upfront mentioned in any of the docs for immediately updating subscriber. But please go ahead and use sp_linkpublication at all the subscribers,will help you.

sp_link_publication

@publisher ='publishingservername',

@publisher_db ='northwindtest',

@publication ='northwindtest',

@security_mode = 0,

@login = 'sa',

@password ='pasword'

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply