Problem with SSIS on a cluster

• Not sure if this is the forum for this question so I apologize in advance. I received the following from a co-worker who wanted me to pass this along:

Installed MS SQL Server 2005 on two Node Cluster (Active Passive)

Most Services Installed correctly on Primary Node however SSIS did not install on the secondary node. 

Two Services did not install into the Cluster Server as Cluster Group Resources when running the installation wizard.  

SQLBrowser and MsDTSServer installed on the primary node as NTAUTORITY\LocalSystem but did not have resources created in the

SQL cluster group. 

Additionally, the MsDtsServer (SSIS) did not install on the passive node (second node). 

In order to connect correctly, and use SSIS via the cluster server we manually installed SQL Server Components on the passive node.

Next we changed SQLBrowser and MSDTSServer services to run manually with the LogOn credentials of MS SQL Server on both nodes.

We then added Cluster Resources in the SQL Cluster Group for SQLBrowser and MsDTSServer on the primary node and are contemplating completion of the installation.

We now need to know what Root Registry Keys should be added to the Registry Replication tab to complete configuration of the services as cluster resources and have the services fail-over correctly and operate normally via the Cluster Service.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank!

Ken

• I followed the very good writeup at this location:

http://sqljunkies.com/WebLog/knight_reign/archive/2005/07/06/16015.aspx

Works fine for me.

• SSIS and workstation components are not cluster aware.

This is what I did in 3 different situations.

Even though I chose Database Engine, SSIS and SSMS components to get installed on the cluster, only database engine got installed on both nodes. What you do is the following: Run the SQL 2005 install CD from the passive node, selecting SSMS and SSIS, and it'll complete the SQL installation. After that, no matter which node is the active, you'll have all your components available to you.

Let me know how this works out.

Good luck

• I want to thank both of you for your response. We performed the actions in the first suggestion and things are working as they should. We will be giving the second response a try when we have an oportunity.

I do have another question we need to do the same thing with the Browser service, can we follow the proceedure in the second response or is there another way? Thanks again.

Ken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply