Problem with SP1 - Invalid Login Information

• I'm trying to apply SP1 to 2005.  I get to the 'Authentication Mode' screen and when I try to hit next while 'Windows Auth.' is checked I keep getting the following message: "Invalid Login Information..  Your account information could not be verified for one or more instances.  Ensure that you can connect to all the selected instances using the account information provided."  I looked around and saw a couple threads on msdn of people having the same problem but I couldn't find a definitive solution.  Someone had some luck starting only the SQL service, others here at my office just rebooted their machines and it blew right in after having the exact same error.  I'm stumped.  I've tried the connecting with the sa account and that didn't work either.  Has anyone come across this and/or know of a solution???  I do also have express installed on my machine and read that if that is updated first it will cause the SP1 update to choke, but that gives out a different error message from what I've read so it doesn't look like it has anything to do with Express (and I haven't updated that yet anyway).  Thanks in advance to anyone who has some suggestions.

• From MSDN thread..

What I have done is that When this window Authentication Mode appears i starts the sql server 2005 service.Then clcik the next button.That's all we have to do.

I have now sql server 2005 SP1 installed on my system.

Also we should also stop sql server browser service if it is runing .

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=358003&SiteID=1

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• Tried that and unfortunately doesn't work.... Thanks for the suggestion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply