Problem trying to cmdshell a 32bit SSIS package - 8 char

• My problem is that when I try to xp_cmdshell a 32bit SSIS package, it is using the 8dot3 file format for any directories or filenames.

How do I force non 8dot3?

It is causing me to change my paths & names from

c:\program files x86\

to

c:\progra~1

(not exactly, but you get what I am trying to say)

I could put all of my references to this format, but future developoment would be a pain because some of my package names differ after 8 characters.

Thanks in advance for any responses to this post.

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Have you tried putting the paths and names ("C:\Program Files\My Directory\Here is my file.dtsx") in double quotes? The command line does not like spaces in directory and filenames if it isn't quoted.

• I need to run this from a tsql script. Here's my code that doesn't work:

exec master..xp_cmdshell '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe" /File "D:\SSIS Files\IEX39 Transfers\IEX39 Transfers\IEX39 - Pull down one month of SchedHeader.dtsx"'

This one will result in a file not found error due to the fact that I didn't convert the actual filename.

exec master..xp_cmdshell '"c:\Progra~2\Micros~2\90\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe" /File "D:\SSISFi~1\IEX39T~1\IEX39T~1\IEX39 - Pull down one month of ActHeader.dtsx"'

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Check this post.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Got it!!

Here's the solution:

exec master..xp_cmdshell 'c:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Microsoft SQL Server"\90\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe /File "D:\SSIS Files\IEX39 Transfers\IEX39 Transfers\IEX39 - Pull down one month of SchedHeader.dtsx"'

Double quotes around each parth part with a space and in the dteexc path and then doulbe quotes around the /File parameter.

thanks again for the help.

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply