Problem restoring a SQL 7 DB onto SQL 2000

• I have an automated process which generates Dynamic SQL to restore a database onto a second server (this is done due to having different locations for the logical devices on the second server and a variable filename for the dump).

The Database being restored is a SQL 7 Database, loading into SQL 2000 SP1.

The process has worked, and it has failed on subsequent running. I have successfully run the Dynamic SQL separately, both by cut/paste and by running it from a string i.e. EXEC (@sDynamicSQL)

The restore gives the following error messages whilst doing the upgrade.

----

Database 'OINK' running the upgrade step from version 531 to version 532.

Server: Msg 2705, Level 16, State 5, Procedure sp_msupg_createcatalogcomputedcols, Line 4

Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'schema_ver' in table 'sysobjects' is specified more than once.

Server: Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Server: Msg 925, Level 19, State 1, Line 1

Maximum number of databases used for each query has been exceeded. The maximum allowed is 8.

Database 'OINK' running the upgrade step from version 532 to version 533.

----

The DB appears to be available after this error.

The Restore works fine if you get the routine to output the Dynamic SQL text, then execute it in Query Analyzer.

Does anyone have any suggestions / ideas?

Many thanks

• Hi Nigel,

I'm encountering exactly the same problems, but don't know either what the exact problem is. It seems to be some problem with the triggers; nestlevel is to high. Perhaps usefull?

Antonie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply